Oh, England. Land of delayed trains and rain (and far too many words to describe the latter.) But I love it all the same.
|Walks in the rain.|
|Tea and the paper. Morning perfection.|
|Pimm's and Wimbledon = winning.|
So, without further ado, here are 26 things I'm going to miss about Britain on my year abroad:
3. Tea - gold blend, obvs.
4. The papers - man, I love reading the paper. It's not the same online. I'm old school.
5. The Royal family
6. Bunting - obvs am planning on taking my own. And fairy lights. Natch.
7. British cake - but I am so ready for German goodies!
8. The British high street - I'm gonna miss you, Topshop!
9. British fashion - but I'm so psyched to get a Dirndl. For reals.
12. Dog walks with my mum
15. Vegetables - rumour has it (and a recent study has shown) ze Germans aren't so hot on these... #iheartbroccoli
16. Georgian architecture
18. One Direction
19. Shops staying open on Sundays
20. Cupcakes - you just don't see them round Europe! I think I'm going to make it my mission to spread the joy of cupcakes...
21. British villages and thatched cottages - don't they just have an adorable cuteness?
22. M&S - not that I'd be shopping there if I was at uni anyway...
24. Patchwork fields
25. Wimbledon - it may only be a fortnight but I LOVE IT!
26. Fish and chips - to be honest this is all about the chips. I don't even like fish. But I LOVE chippie chips.
All that said, I am so excited to throw myself into everything Deutsch, and am determined to embrace the culture. And food.
It's important to appreciate where you live... What are your favourite things about the UK? And TELL ME, what else can I look forward to in Germany and Belgium?