|[pic from autumncozy.tumblr.com]|
Autumn is without a doubt my favourite season of them all. I love it. So much so that I’ve made this glorious list of my fave things about the season.
|[pic from Elite Daily]|
|[See my joy?]|
September = my birthday. October = Halloween. November = Bonfire Night. And December? Well, let’s not get me started on Christmas. All in good time, my dears.
The combination of my birthday and back-to-school means September will always feel like a fresh start for me. It’s like a new year being born out of the sticky summer heat. OK maybe not in the UK or Belgium, but I am reliably told summer does get hot in some parts of the world.
|Pic from Buzzfeed|
As the summer winds up and September approaches, I can’t help but feel tingly with excitement at the prospect of what’s about to come. So here are the things I love most about autumn, and why I think it’s the best season of them all:
|[pic from Starbucks]|
2. Cinnamon-spiced anything
3. Tweed blazers
4. Honey-roast parsnips and carrots
|[pic from loveandzest.com]|
6. Board games when it’s raining
7. Apple and blackberry picking
8. Apple and blackberry crumble, with lashings of custard
|[pic from taste.com.au]|
10. Playing “catch the leaves” as they fall
11. Stepping on a satisfyingly crunchy leaf
12. Swooshing through leaves as they cover the ground
13. Finding shiny conkers
14. The crispness of the air
15. Steaming mugs of hot chocolate and bowls of creamy porridge
16. Oversized, chunky cable-knit jumpers
|[pic from New Look]|
17. Ankle boots
18. Knee-high boots
20. Wrapping up in a scarf
|[pic from Hannah Harkness' Pinterest]|
22. Smooth, warming vegetable soups
23. Hearty stews
24. Hot apple cider
25. Countryside walks
26. Hot water bottles
28. Toffee apples
|[pic from Alexis Merritt-Harding's Pinterest]|
30. The fact that Christmas is next!
Do you share my autumn love? What are your fave things about the season?
Click here to vote Handbags and Cupcakes for "Best Lifestyle Blog" in the Cosmopolitan Blog Awards 2014... Pretty pretty please!